Meet the Team
For 13 weeks each year, from late June to mid-September, the BID employ four summer street ambassadors.
The team act as brand ambassadors for the Linen Quarter with a specific aim to support our hotel and hospitality industry. They will also direct commuters and tourists with a daily presence at Great Victoria Train Station and City Hall.
Key activities include:
- Providing a warm welcome to all our hotel guests, cruise ship visitors, and other tourists
- Signposting tourists, commuters and business visitors
- Providing a free tourist concierge service at Linen Quarter hotels, highlighting visitor attractions, hospitality experiences, and key events and activities across Belfast.
- Providing free walking tours of the Linen Quarter, helping to tell its story and promote it as a visitor destination.
- Providing food and drink walking tours to bring additional custom to our hospitality venues.
- Supporting all the events and activities in the area over the summer months
- Distributing information to our levy payers and providing a bespoke service to them as required
- Conducting environmental audits across all 50 streets through the BID area.
If you would like to get in touch with the Street Ambasadors please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In August 2018 the BID commissioned a Clean Team to provide an enhanced cleaning, graffiti removal and power washing service for the district. This includes a focus on litter picking three times a week and graffiti removal once a week. The Team also maintain the Flax Field installation at Bedford Square, and can arrange power washing and chewing gum removal on request.
The Team work to a schedule and are currently removing an additional 750kg of rubbish from the area every month. However, if you are a Linen Quarter levy payer and would like to arrange enhanced cleaning around your area please e-mail email@example.com and he will be happy to assist.