We are hiring | Summer Street Ambassadors
Campaigns / 1st June 2021
The Linen Quarter BID represents over 400 businesses in the area South of Belfast City Hall, covering a wide range of business sectors, including corporate firms, start-ups, and hospitality. With the highest concentration of hotels in the City Centre, over half of consumers visiting Belfast will be accommodated in the Linen Quarter area, and with wider assets such as the Grand Opera House, Ulster Hall, and a growing number of popular restaurants and cafes, the Linen Quarter is vastly becoming a must-visit destination for both locals and tourists alike. To support local hotel and hospitality members, along with the wider growth of Belfast tourism, Linen Quarter BID would like to recruit two Summer Street Ambassadors, across the summer period.
Role of the Street Ambassadors
- Provide a visible street presence in the area from City Hall to Ormeau Avenue / Dublin Road and Queen’s Quarter, with a particular focus on the hospitality businesses
- Actively engage with visitors to the area, providing a warm welcome to the city of Belfast and signposting them to attractions, events, and local hospitality (particularly in LQ area)
- Visit hotels in the area to provide drop-in recommendations for guests at pre-arranged times
- Participate in and support events in the area, including keynote activities such as our Golden Mile Walking Trail, Brunswick Street Social Hub and Culture Night
- Engage with over 400 business organisations in the area, acting as the public and personal face of the Linen Quarter BID
Terms and Conditions
The Ambassador role will take place over an 8-week period from Tuesday 20 July to Tues 21st September. Over the period of employment staff are entitled to 5 days fully paid annual leave (this includes end of August Bank holiday). All candidates must be available for training between 20-22nd July (essential).
Hours of work:
Staff will work a 30- hour week covering 5 days out of 7. The role will primarily be during the day, but some evening work is required (at busy times).
Tuesday to Saturday (10.30 – 16.30) *6 hours per day
£9 per hour
Training will be provided and will run across 2-days on the first week of employment. This will include:
- Meet the LQ BID team (getting to know LQ BID & members / visit to businesses)
- First aid and personal safety
Essential criteria for the role:
- Positive personal attributes such as energy, enthusiasm, resilience, and leadership.
- Candidates must enjoy interacting with people and have the ability to effectively communicate and engage with tourists and visitors from every background and nationality.
Desirable skills include:
- Previous experience of customer service, business, marketing, tourism, and hospitality.
- Additional language skills are also desirable