LQ BID Supports Return Of Offices
1st September 2020
2020 is a year that few will forget, but as we move into the Autumn the focus is now on a safe and sustainable recovery. LQ BID is directly appealing to our members to re-open their offices and encourage the return of staff to the City Centre. While working life will evolve, with greater use of flexible practices, we still believe the office remains the hub of creativity and collaboration. Let’s use this space to reconnect socially, to plan the next steps on our business journeys, and to support our city centre economy.
LQ BID is there to help and I wanted to highlight some of the actions we are taking to facilitate a safe recovery:
- We fund a range of enhanced services for the district including dedicated PSNI officers from LQ Street Beat, and a bespoke Clean Team. If you need the services of either, from policing to power washing, please get in touch.
- Our annual update contains bespoke recovery advice from ten locally based organisations. This includes forward looking advice on HR, finance, office space, and risk management – expert support to help our members re-orientate their organisations and properly plan for the future.
- To make the District more attractive we have washed, weeded and removed graffiti from across the Linen Quarter, and have brought in 7 new summer planters plus a new flower arrangement at Bedford Square.
- We have worked alongside Visit Belfast to co-fund the marketing of “Eat Out to Help Out” and are actively involved in new public realm initiatives with the City Council and DFI.
- We have a weekly newsletter and active social media. As well as keeping people up to date on local news we use these channels to feature our member organisations, along with any customer offers or business opportunities.
- We are offering every business free hand sanitiser to help re-open their offices. The sanitiser is a high quality product made exclusively for the Linen Quarter by Copeland Distillery. Larger orders can be made at wholesale prices – saving our members both time and money.
Recovery Support Sept – Nov:
- At the end of the month we are launching a new City Centre Gift Card, maximising consumer spend for local retail and hospitality. We’ll follow this with the free distribution of 400 x £10 coffee cards for LQ based offices, to encourage the return of business spend for local hospitality.
- To facilitate the return of events we be supporting Digital Culture Night in September, and are exploring options for Design Week in November.
- We’ll be supporting World Heart Day with various health initiatives, and developing a new programme to support organisations who want to become pro-cycling employers,
- In November we hope to open a new pilot parklet outside the BBC. This will be followed with new Boardwalks and pop-up social spaces across the Linen Quarter, along with enhanced planting arrangements for next Spring.
- In the run up to Christmas LQ BID will fund enhanced marketing for our night time economy, and we’ll support this with a bespoke guide to LQ Xmas Lunches.
- We’re also supporting the installation of the City Council’s brand new Christmas lights, and providing funding for enhanced features.
At this time of national recovery we hope that every organisation will join us to help promote the Linen Quarter and support our City. Please do engage with us if you can help with this collective effort, or if you want any further information on the above.