Consultation: Public Realm
16th June 2020
Linen Quarter BID have published exciting ideas to re-imagine public realm in the district following the recent Ministerial announcement. We propose a pedestrian boardwalk weaving its way from City Hall to Botanic, parklets to provide an urban oasis, and new social space at Brunswick Street. However, the feasibility of these proposed interventions is partly dependent on the views of local stakeholders. We would therefore welcome feedback from local businesses, residents and others on the issues below:
1) To what extent do you feel that local stakeholders (businesses, residents, workers, visitors) would benefit from the proposed interventions?
2) Do you feel these proposals can encourage sustainable modes of transport (e.g. walking and cycling) within the Linen Quarter?
3) Do you feel this scheme can help to improve community safety in the Linen Quarter?
4) What type of outdoor activities / features would you like to have introduced as part of these proposals?
5) Do you feel that all logistical requirements for local businesses (deliveries, bin collection etc.) have been accommodated?
6) Do you have further comments or suggestions?
You can send your feedback to Christiaan@linenquarter.org